The CHUM is nearly completed

The CHUM is nearly completed

21.03.30

It’s hard to describe our emotions in seeing phase 2 of the CHUM nearly complete! It’s been more than a decade since CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s started the design of the project.
We designed the gargantuan 3.5 million-SF complex to be built in two accelerated phases. Phase 1, which included 85% of the complex, opened in the fall of 2017 as a fully functional hospital. Phase 2 included the demolition of St. Luc Hospital to make room for construction of the remaining 15% of the project, an administration building and a 500-seat amphitheater/conference center clad in perforated copper panels.

Phases 1 and 2 were designed by CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s.  The revision of the phase 2 design, the execution of the plans and specifications, and the construction supervision for the final phase was performed by JLP / MSDL architectes en consortium.

Congrats to the full team who brought the CHUM to life. It’s an incredible achievement.

Photo credit: Adrien Williams
Perspectives: CannonDesign + NEUF architect(e)s

Other news