Photo credit : Alex St-Jean
Performance Court at 150 Elgin
Facing Ottawa’s City Hall, 150 Elgin is a 23-storey complex that includes a vast winter garden and two historic Elgin Street landmarks: the first Baptist Church of Ottawa, built in 1878, and the Grant House, a second-empire style heritage residence built in 1875.
These two buildings were carefully integrated into the build’s design, preserving much of the original structures. The winter garden mirrors the church’s interior volumes, creating a dialogue between old and new, and by setting the main building back from the street, the Grant House remains the site’s focal point.